It is Northridge High’s policy that it will at the teachers descretion whether they will accept a parent excused tardy. Some tardies however, may be excused with a doctor/other appointment note. Students who go to class any time after the tardy bell will need to check into the Attendance office before going to class. An e-mail will then be sent to both the guardian and the teacher. If the student misses 20 min or more of class their late will be changed to an absence. Absences will then need to be excused by a parent.
A parent or guardian may check their student out of school by one of the following methods:
- Call the Attendance Office at 801-402-8506
- Come in person with your ID to the Attendance Office
- Send a note with your student indicating the time they need to be checked out. The guardian MUST SIGN the note and provide a contact number. Your student will bring this note to the Attendance office in order to check out. They are never permitted to just leave.
- Students should never leave without following the checkout procedure.
It is Northridge high’s policy that absences must be excused within THREE days after an absence. Absences may be excused in one of the following ways:
- E-mail – just reply to the e-mail you received from the school notifying you of your student’s absence or e-mail directly at NHSAttendance@dsdmail.net.
- MyDSD Just sign into your guardian account, click on the “Academics” drop down menu, click on Attendance. Note: MyDSD will not allow you to excuse absences past THREE days.
- Your student should never have access to your guardian account. If they do, you need to change your password.
- Note – Your student may bring a SIGNED note to the Attendance office.
- Phone – You may call to excuse your student by calling 801-402-8506. If no one answers you can leave a detailed voicemail. Please remember to leave a call back phone number.