It is important to start the eligibility process early in your high school career and complete all of the requirements before graduation. For more information, start here.
Always verify your information with NCAA
Check the expert source for the most current information.
Remember, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are NCAA qualified!
Visit the NCAA website for more information.
Check to see which Northridge class meet NCAA eligibility requirements in the NCAA High School Portal.
Northridge High School Code = 450164
If you have questions about eligibility or the registration process, you can call NCAA toll free 1-877-262-1492.
are NOT currently NCAA Eligible
- Complete 16 core courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (Algebra 1 or higher)
- 2 years of natural/physical science (including one year of lab science)
- 1 additional year of English, math, or natural/physical science
- 2 years of social science (history, government, or psychology)
- 4 additional years consisting of English, math, natural/physical science, social science, or foreign language
- Complete 10 terms of core courses, including 7 in English, math or natural/physical science, before the first semester of your senior year. Once you begin your seventh semester of high school, you may not repeat or replace any of those 10 courses to improve your core course GPA.
- Earn at least a 2.3 GPA in your core courses.
Earn an SAT combined score or ACT sum score matching your core-course GPA on the Division I sliding scale or Division II sliding scale, which balances your test score and core-course GPA. If you have a low test score, you need a higher core-course GPA to be eligible. If you have a low core-course GPA, you need a higher test score to be eligible.
1. Plan to complete the Core Course Requirements:
- Complete 16 approved core classes in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies (10 must be completed BEFORE the start of your senior year)
- Review your progress with your classes using this worksheet
- Check here to see which Northridge classes are NCAA approved (our high school code is 450164)
2. All athletes that want to play Division I or Division II college sports must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. This should be done sophomore year or no later than junior year.
1. Meet with your counselor to make sure you will graduate on time with the required number of NCAA core courses.
- You should research which exam your college requires
- Northridge only offers the ACT. If you need to take the SAT, you can sign up for a testing location at College Board
- Remember to have your test scores sent directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Indicate you would like scores sent to NCAA by using the code 9999
3. Ask your counselor to upload your official transcripts to NCAA.
1. Finish your last NCAA core courses.
2. Take the SAT or ACT again, if necessary, and submit your scores directly to NCAA using the code 9999.
3. Complete all questions in your NCAA Eligibility Account.
4. After graduation, ask your counselor to upload your final official transcript.